What is the eligibility criteria for working in Canada?

  • All international students may work on campus
  • Graduate or research work completed at facilities associated with your institution (such as hospitals) also meets the definition of “on-campus”
  • In order to work off-campus, international students must obtain a work permit. This is granted if your employment is considered essential to your course of study

Potential Policy Change:

Please note that the Canadian government is now looking at the possibility to allow, under certain conditions, full-time international students to work part-time off-campus during the school term and full-time during the holidays. Please contact us for more details. In addition, you may request a work permit if you finish your degree in Canada and wish to work for a year in your field of study.

Did you find this article useful?